HOW IT WORKS
When will my box arrive?
• If you are already an active My Beauty Alchemy program subscriber, the boxes ship by the third week of the month.
• If you are a new subscriber, your box should ship within 2-3 business days after sign up.
• On occasion, there are elements outside of our control that might hinder our ability to hold this promise. In those cases, we will be sure to communicate them to you and provide relevant updates.
Can I cancel my subscription?
You may cancel your membership within first 30 days after receiving the first kit by contacting us and we will reimburse you the cost of the remaining boxes.
What if I want to change my shipping address?
You can update your shipping information at any time by contacting us.
Do you do different treatments for different skin/hair types? Do you have personalization?
All our treatments have multifunctional benefits – like detox, hydration, and regeneration. Our products can be used together with your regular personalized skincare routine. Think of them as skin and hair wellness retreat – something we could all use a bit more of!
If you suffer from severe conditions such as acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis or sun damage, we recommend seeing a dermatologist, and using our homemade treatments to supplement your professional care.
Why do I need to create treatments myself instead of just buying ready-made clean beauty products in a store?
According to the EWG study, the average person daily exposes themselves to 126 harmful chemicals by using different skin care products. More than 1110 personal-product ingredients have been banned for use in cosmetics in the European Union because of concerns that they may cause cancer, birth defects, or reproductive ills. By contrast, only 10 are banned here in the U.S.
Even if you try to shop “clean” and “natural” for skincare, you have to be careful. In the U.S., a bottled product with a low percentage of natural ingredients can still be advertised as "natural.” And in stores, beauty products use preservatives and stabilizers to extend product shelf life and prevent product separation.
It feels good to know exactly what you put on your skin – and it feels great to prepare fresh, homemade treatments in minutes. We’ve done the research so you don’t have to: we use the best ingredients and no preservatives. With our kit of food-grade ingredients, clean tools and simple recipes, you’re in control. Just add water (and a bit of love!), and your beauty routine can become a meditation – something to look forward to, never something to worry about.
How long does the whole process take?
1 to 10 minutes of preparation time, 1-2 hours enjoying the 5-step ritual in each kit.
What about the environment? Are you an environmentally responsible brand?
99% of the composition of all beauty products is water and packaging. We sell the rest – ingredients and recipes, so you can add water at home.
We only buy fair trade, organic, vegan and cruelty free ingredients. And we significantly limit our use of plastic and wasteful packaging compared to traditional beauty brands. You can’t escape packaging completely, but all our packaging is made from recycled and compostable materials. We are also constantly working on further optimizing our packaging to have less impact on the planet.
- Essential oils: damask rose absolute, rosemary, lavender
- Carrier oils and butters: organic coconut oil, organic raw shea butter
- Organic dried herbs: marigold petals, lavender flowers, rose petals
- Superfoods: organic wheatgrass powder, colloidal oatmeal powder
- Minerals: Dead Sea mineral salt, kaolin, French green clay
Absolutely, we are happy to share. Also, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly in case you have any ideas or even a specific request. We'd love your feedback!
In your first kit you’ll get a total of 5 recipes for your hair and face, with enough ingredients for 2 uses per recipe. Here’s one of the recipes:
DEEP DETOX WHEATGRASS FACIAL
What it does:
- Detoxifies pores
- Promotes elasticity
- Regenerates skin
- Organic wheatgrass powder
- Organic coconut milk powder
- French green clay/white clay
- Tools provided:
- Small glass bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Vegetable cellulose sponge
- Hair band
- Put one jar of the Face Powder Mix into the small glass bowl (provided).
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of warm water, mixing with the wooden spoon (provided) until a creamy paste consistency is reached. Add more water if needed (+1/2 tablespoon max)
- Apply to face and leave for 8-10 min. Wash off with the cellulose sponges (provided), dipping the sponge in water before use
All our products are tested on humans (only!), and we LOVE to test our products with our team and bring in volunteers with different skin types months prior to releasing each recipe to the market.
Didn't find answers you were looking for? Contact us.